The Last 50 Posts
- Welcome to the ElvisBlog Archives January 26, 2023
- Happy Birthday Elvis January 7, 2023
- MERRY CHRISTMAS !! December 23, 2022
- A Long Overdue Message October 24, 2022
- Gone But Not Forgotten August 15, 2022
- Are You Ready For An Elvis Movie Marathon July 30, 2022
- Elvis Is Everywhere July 18, 2022
- I Finally Saw The New Elvis Movie July 3, 2022
- Thank You for Your Comments June 24, 2022
- It’s Been Too Long Without A New Post June 23, 2022
- Elvira and Elvis March 20, 2022
- Elvis Week 2022 Announcements March 10, 2022
- 100 Comments February 28, 2022
- Fool’s Gold Sandwich February 20, 2022
- The 100 Most Important Americans February 2, 2022
- Elvis and the Presidential Medal of Freedom January 27, 2022
- Messages on the Graceland Wall January 17, 2022
- Thanks to Everyone Sending Nice Comments About Our Dog Molly January 10, 2022
- Molly, You Were A Great Dog December 31, 2021
- Merry Christmas from ElvisBlog December 24, 2021
- Santa Plays a Mean Guitar December 22, 2021
- Christmas Eye Candy for Elvis Fans December 15, 2021
- Paul McCartney Sings Elvis December 6, 2021
- Celebrating Elvis and Thanksgiving November 24, 2021
- More About the Elvis Picture Disc Tribute Album November 21, 2021
- Remembering Ronnie Tutt November 7, 2021
- A 2010 Repost With An Update November 4, 2021
- The New Elvis Stamp – Parts 1, 2, and 3 October 25, 2021
- The New Elvis stamp – Part 2 October 25, 2021
- The New Elvis Stamp – Part 3 October 25, 2021
- Jumpsuits, Jewelry, and Junk — Revisited October 15, 2021
- The Dick Clark/Elvis Phone Calls October 5, 2021
- Elvis Shades… on Him… and Other Celebrities September 22, 2021
- Elvis Name Artwork September 12, 2021
- Charlie Watts Promoted DJ for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame August 28, 2021
- Continuing Our Look at a Big Elvis Scrapbook August 21, 2021
- We Still Miss You, Elvis August 16, 2021
- Elvis Week Flashbacks — Part 3 August 15, 2021
- Elvis Week Flashbacks — Part 2 August 14, 2021
- Elvis Week Flashbacks August 13, 2021
- Getting Back to the Elvis Scrapbook Reposts August 8, 2021
- An Interesting Little Story About Jailhouse Rock July 28, 2021
- Two Good Movies That Didn’t Get Celebrated July 25, 2021
- Where Did All The Comments Go? July 20, 2021
- Another Thursday Night Elvis Movie — Blue Hawaii July 15, 2021
- Happy 4th of July, Elvis July 3, 2021
- 20 Elvis Movies on TV in July June 29, 2021
- A Look at Some Elvis Scrapbooks June 19, 2021
- The End of The Circle G Ranch June 5, 2021
- Happy Elvis in His Own Little Ranch World – Circle G Ranch, Part 2 May 26, 2021
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 705 other subscribers
My Favorite Elvis Links
- Elvis Today — Best blog for Elvis music. From Sweden by Thomas Melin
- Elvis-History-Blog — A detailed look at the history of Elvis by my friend Alan Hanson
- For Elvis Collectors Only Fascinating forums discussing everything Elvis
- Jerry Osborne Elvis collector, author, and expert
- Official Elvis Website Most popular Elvis website, operated by EPE
- Scotty Moore, Legendary Guitarist Detailed look at Scotty Moore and Elvis. Has features you won’t find elsewhere.
- The Mystery Train — Excellent Elvis blog by Troy Yeary
ElvisBlog Mini-Nuggets #19
We haven’t done Mini-Nuggets since March 2014, but Elvis’ 80th birthday has provided some short subjects to report.
Record Number of Hits for ElvisBlog:
On January 1, I checked Google Analytics to see how well ElvisBlog did for the year. 147,000 people (users) visited the site, resulting in 279,991 pageviews (hits). That’s an average of 2,800 users a week, a gain of 30% over the 2013 results. Definitely a good year.
Which makes the results in the graphic above even more remarkable. Yesterday, on what would have been Elvis’ 80th birthday, ElvisBlog had nearly 2,600 people visit the site. Wow. I hope I’m still around to see the results on Elvis’ 100th birthday.
Elvis’ Movie Costars Pass Away:
When time permits, we will take a deeper look at two late actresses who appeared with films with Elvis. Mary Ann Mobley (Girl Happy, Harum Scarum) died on December 19, 2014.
Donna Douglas (Frankie and Johnny) passed away on New Year’s Day, 2015.
Elvis’ leading ladies have been a staple for print and video interviews about him for decades. Has there ever been an Elvis Week without one or two of them being “Special Guests” for talks, panel discussions, and autograph sessions?
Well, the list is getting short, and you have to wonder what authors, journalists and EPE will do when Elvis’ female costars are all gone. Now we have a hint. In celebration of Elvis 80th birthday, an article in the Boone, NC Mountain Times featured an interview with Donna Butterworth who was ten-years-old when she appeared with Elvis in Paradise, Hawaiian Style. You are going to see more of this.
Peanut Butter ‘N Banana Ice Cream:
I received an email from the PR firm representing Baskin-Robbins telling me about their new flavor to celebrate Elvis’ 80th Birthday. It will be available for the entire month of January, and it is described as banana-flavored ice cream with a chunky peanut butter ribbon. They are sending me two $31 gift cards – one to use to sample it and write a review. I expect to like it, but I did have a bad experience at Elvis Week 2007 when I tried peanut butter and banana coffee, and it was lame.
The other gift card will be offered as the prize in an Elvis Caption Contest which I will post in a couple of days.
The Elvis Auction at Graceland:
The auction last night was a huge success, highlighted by the 1953 acetate of Elvis’ first recorded songs “My Happiness”/”That’s When Your Heartaches Begin.” The pre-auction estimate was for $75-100,000, but it went for $300,000! That’s got to be the highest priced record ever. Let’s see a record by Michael Jackson, or the Beatles, or Mariah Carey top that.
There were 67 items up for auction, so it will take two or three blogs to cover all the interesting elements of this Elvis 80th birthday event, and I’ll get them posted as soon as possible.
© 2014 Philip R Arnold, Original Elvis Blogmeister All Rights Reserved www.ElvisBlog.net
Elvis, Elvis Presley, and Graceland are registered trademarks of Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Posted in AUCTIONS / MEMORABILIA, ELVIS COMMENTARY MINI-NUGGETS, ELVISBLOG NEWS, HOLIDAY GREETINGS TO ELVIS, NEWS, PRODUCTS BASED ON ELVIS
Tagged Auction at Graceland, Donna Douglas, Elvis auctions, Google Analytics, Mary Ann Mobley, Peanut Butter and Banana